Friday, April 28, 2017

April 24th through 28th













Keenoy Koala News                                                     4-28-17

Dear Families,

I hope that everyone had a wonderful week!  This newsletter will be kept informational since this is such a busy time of year!  Yay…..MAP testing is finished and GO BLUES!    Have a wonderful weekend and stay dry.











Koala of the Week: Olivia Randolph
Hello, my name is Olivia and I have four people in my amazing family (including me)!  I have a wild seven year old brother (Logan), my dad (Mark), and mom (Bridgett).  I also have two dogs named Mickey and Jake.  I like playing softball and volleyball.  My softball team is called the Lightning, and my Volleyball team name is Synergy.  Some of my favorite hobbies are fishing and camping.  My favorite color is blue and animal is the zebra.  I love being in 5th Grade!

5th Grade T-Shirt
5th grade students had the opportunity to create a design for the 5th grade t-shirt.  The top five designs were selected and voted on by 5th graders to determine the winning design.  Typically, students who buy these t shirts decide to wear them to the 5th Grade Party (May 19th).  A local t-shirt company, Diggit, always gives Paxton a great deal by charging only $8.20 per shirt.  If ordering, money and order forms are due by Monday, May 8thOrder forms will be sent home today, and cash or checks are accepted.  If writing a check, please make it payable to Dan Keenoy.  Thanks!

5th Grade Graduation
* This event will be held at Paxton in the gym on Thursday, May 25th beginning at 9:00 am.
* The ceremony will take approximately an hour and afterwards there will be time to take pictures in front of the school.
* This is the last day of school and is also a ½ day. 
* Dismissal will be at 12:50 p.m. and you will have the option to take your child home after the graduation ceremony.
* Students are expected to dress nicely for this event.

Celebration
We enjoyed watching Tuck Everlasting, and thank you for getting the permission forms returned quickly.  Students also liked the brownies and picnic style lunch in the classroom.  I am happy to celebrate their outstanding attitude and effort.  I will miss this special group of kiddos. Everyone in our classroom seems to genuinely enjoy each other’s company and shows kindness towards each other. 

MAP Testing
We completed our MAP testing today (Friday). I appreciate students’ positive attitudes and effort during each testing session. If a student was absent during a testing session, he/she will be completing a make-up session in the next week.   

Economy
Our field trip to BizTown was a huge success! I’m very proud of my students with the work that was completed during the simulation. Thank you SO MUCH for the volunteers who donated their time and energy for this trip.  The class had a lot of fun and this trip would NOT be possible without the help from you.

6th Grade Orientation
I hope you will take time out of your busy schedule to take your child to Smithton’s orientation night (if your child will not be going to Smithton next year, please disregard). This will give students an opportunity to spend time in their middle school building and begin to learn the layout of the school. This is a parent and child event.  I included a note from Dr. Schumacher (principal at Smithton) in your child’s Friday folder.

Upcoming Dates
May 1                          Middle School Orientation Night (Smithton 5-6:30; all other middle schools 6-7:30)
May 12                        Field trip to Rock Bridge State Park
May 19                        5th Grade Party at the Arc
May 23                        5th Grade Talent Show
May 25                        5th Grade Graduation @ 9:00 am in the Paxton Keeley Gym
                                                                                   

Sincerely,
                                                                                    Dan Keenoy


No comments:

Post a Comment